The Springfield-Hampden County CoC’s YHDP training and bidders’ conference, scheduled for Monday, March 16, 12:30 – 3:30 pm, will now be held online.
At the scheduled time, go online and click: https://tacinc.adobeconnect.com/springfieldyhdp/
The conference audio line is 877-223-6370; Pin: 7203878959.
This training and bidders’ conference is required for any agency that will submit a response to the YHDP Request for Proposals issued March 2, 2020.
The CoC has released the Request for Proposals for the Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program. The RFP makes available $2,304,742 for the two-year grant period July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2022, with eligibility for annual renewals following the initial grant term.
Applicants must attend a mandatory training and bidders’ conference March 16, 12:30 – 3:30 pm. Proposals are due April 15, 2020.
The RFP packet is available here.
The CoC Board of Directors is meeting tomorrow, December 6, 9 – 11 am, at the Union Station 2nd floor conference room, 55 Frank B. Murray St., Springfield.
- Review minutes of the September 27, 2019 Board meeting
- Brief Updates/News
- Progress on Veteran and Chronic Homelessness
- Participation in Built for Zero/Institute for Healthcare Improvement strategy session (and waiting to identify next steps)
- Shelter news –FOH-Sheriff partnership; Brighter Futures Youth Shelter
- New program: Womanshelter’s Coordinated Entry Project
- News from the Western Mass Network to End Homelessness
- Youth Homeless Demonstration Program (YHDP)
- Summary of Planning Process, Stakeholder Planning Group, Youth Action Board
- Items for Review and Approval:
- Vision & guiding principles
- Decision-making structure
- Action Item: Approval of submission of draft (due by 12/29) – For a preview, you can look at pages 11-14 of the attached powerpoint. But you don’t need to!—we will go over during the meeting.
The CoC’s Quarterly Board meeting is scheduled for tomorrow, September 27, 2019, 9-11 am, at Springfield’s Union Station, 2nd floor conference room. The meeting is open to the public.
The meeting agenda:
- Review minutes of the June 21, 2019 Board meeting
- CoC Competition – Application summary. To view the draft application, go to: https://springfieldhampdencoc.wordpress.com/2019/09/24/fy19-coc-application-for-public-review-and-comment/ Action Item: Vote to authorize application submission.
- CoC-ESG Written Standards – Action Item: Vote on proposed amandment to CoC-ESG Written Standards 9 24 2019 (see proposed new language on page 4 in red)
- Launch of DV Coordinated Entry Project
- Youth Homelessness
- Big news! Selected as a Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) site!
- Foster Care/Homelessness project
The CoC’s FY19 application is due to HUD on September 30, 2019. The full application is posted here for public review and comment. Please direct any comments to email@example.com.
Project applications, in ranked order:
- HMIS $61,992
- DV Coordinated Entry $230,263
- CSO-FOH Coordinated Assessment $243,000
- Viability Next Step $529,169
- CHD Family PSH $575,592
- RVCC CoC Program $310,661
- VOC Scattered Site Family Supportive Housing $127,271
- MHA Consolidated S+C $641,696
- Catholic Charities RRH $445,652
- CSO-FOH PSH $241,806
- Gandara SHINE RRH $385,379
- Way Finders Turning Point $65,112
- SMOC Bowdoin Tranquility $61,373
- MHA PSH Expansion $100,381
- YWCA DV RRH $377,989
Projects 1-11 are rnked in Tier 1. Projects 12-15 are ranked in Tier 2.
The CoC Application Review and Ranking Committee has met and made its determinations for which applications should be included in our CoC’s FY19 application, the ranking of the applications, and the amount allowed for each application. The list is below.
All renewal projects are included, although a number have had grant amounts reduced, usually by small percentages. One bonus project is included, which is an expansion of MHA’s permanent supportive housing project. One DV bonus project is included, which is the YWCA’s DV rapid rehousing project. One proposed expansion project, for Gandara’s rapid rehousing program, was not selected.
- HMIS, $61,992
- DV Coordinated Entry, $230,263
- FOH Coordinated Entry, $243,000
- Viability Next Step, $529,169
- CHD Family PSH, $575,592
- RVCC CoC Program, $310,661
- VOC Family PSH, $127,271
- MHA Consolidated S+C, $641,696
- Catholic Charities RRH, $445,652
- CSO-FOH PSH, $241,806
- Gandara SHINE RRH, $385,379
- Way Finders Turning Point, $65,112
- SMOC Bowdoin-Tranquility, $61,373
- MHA PSH Expansion (bonus), $100,381
- YWCA DV-RRH (bonus), $377,989